Friday 24 February 2012

So, smoking eh? Who needs it?

Hi there folks!

Not smoking; 5 minutes in...
So some of you might know, others won't.  I've given up smoking!  Yay me, huh?  So I'm sat here writing this blog at what is almost the 24 hour point.  It's been one full day without a cigarette and I have a patch on my arm, which occasionally itches and which will leave a red mark when I lift it off.  Don't worry if you think I'm going to post about this giving up thing every day, because I'm not!  I'm just writing this one blog to mark the point where I gave up and to hopefully make sure that I don't go back!


Not smoking; 5 minutes 50 seconds in...
I figure it this way; if I tell the world (or at least those of you who read this!) that I'm stopping then I would feel pretty silly if I slipped back to smoking again, right?  Well, that's my theory anyway!  So, how am I doing so far?  Well, it's been a weird old day.  Nothing special as far as day to day business went, but mentally it's been pretty strange!  I've found myself not really needing a cigarette but fighting urges to eat, shout, gnaw the tv remote, gnaw the doorframe and shout while eating.  I've also been constantly reassuring myself that I'm not going to go to the shop and buy cigs!

So far so good though, I feel okay and I'm in good spirits about it!  It's weird because a lot of the time, most folks don't realise how hard it is to give up smoking.  Don't get me wrong, everyone's aware that it's not easy to quit but trust me, it feels like you're cutting off an arm slowly.  At least, it does to me!  I am going to get it done though!  I managed to stop for five years a few years ago before I went back to smoking, so it's not like I haven't done it before!

Not smoking; 6 minutes in...
So wish me luck folks!  I'll update you every so often about how it's going as I post other blog posts and hopefully I can kick this addiction once and for all!  I do fully believe that I'll always class myself as a smoker, but I want to be the kind of smoker who isn't smoking anymore!  Here's hoping I can make it this time!

Speak at you later!


Kenny!

0 comments:

Post a Comment